Kalika Self-reliance Social Center(KSSC), a non-profit making organization based in Kapilvastu district, province 5, is going to implement Essential Health Project (EHP) in partnership with FAIRMED in Kapilvastu, Rapandehi and West Nawal Parashi district. The following positions are required for the EHP project. So, interested Nepalese citizens are requested to apply for the positions within the 7 days of notice publication.
- Project Officer (PO): Position- 1 (70% time in field)
Working areas :18 R/Municipality of Kapilvastu, Rupandehi and Nawalparashi west district of province 5.
Project officer will be responsible for overall management of project activities mainly planning and implementation of activities in the field. He/she will work closely with Municipalities and coordinate particularly with health facilities and HFOMCs. He/she will coach, guide and supervise the Community Health Mobilisers. He/she will also be responsible for timely reporting of project progress and documentation of best learning practices.
- He/she will lead the program planning, implementation and regular supervision of project activities at the field level
- He/she will be responsible to work in close coordination with FAIRMED project team.
- Track budget expenditure through financial reports, and utilization of budget as per the planned activities
- Plan and organize project related training, workshop, and review meetings, with the Municipalities as well as at community level
- Ensure community participation and mobilize local resources
- Coordinate with local stakeholders to avoid duplication of work
- Ensure proper and effective use of project resources and assets and its management according to organization ‘s policy and guidelines
- Conduct field visit to coach field staffs to meet quality standards
- Supervision and follow up of the project activities as per the workplan
- Preparation and timely submission of quarterly progress updates, and bi-annual progress reports to the FAIRMED as per the agreed schedule
- Ensure projects progress data are timely collected and entered in the project database
- Track all project interventions and make sure that the set quality benchmarks have been met and followed during the implementation
- Conduct advocacy/networking with relevant stakeholders, and line agencies at Municipality, district and Provincial levels
- Coordinate and lead in documentation of best practices, successful stories and case studies by closely working with Community Health Mobilisers
- Support FAIRMED team in various research related activities and surveys as planned under the project
- He/she should have at least bachelor’s degree in public health with 3-5 years working experience in managing community based health program
- Knowledge about health system strengthening, Neglected Tropical Diseases, Maternal New-born Health, disease prevention, disability and community empowerment.
- Track record of generating innovative ideas and demonstrated creativity
- Good verbal and written communication skill in Nepali, English and working knowledge on local language (Abadhi)
- Experienced in team work, and team mobilization, coordination and networking
- Good knowledge of computer applications (Microsoft Office, SPSS etc.) with ability to produce reports in English and Nepali
- Must have Motorbike license
- Community Health Mobilizer (CHM): Total position- 4 (100% field based)
Working areas :Shivraj Municipality, Maharajganj Municipality, Krishnanagar Municipality and Bijaynagar Rural Municipality
The Community Health Mobilizer must be from targeted Municipality of Project area. He/she will work closely with Municipality, HFOMCs and FCHVs/MGs in the community. He/she must be aware about Government health system in the new Federal structure. He/she is expected to have the basic knowledge about NTDs, MNH, WASH & Disability. He/she need to have commitment and aptitudes on community empowerment and their mobilization, and group facilitation. Each CHM will implement project activities at community level& ward levelensuring effective coordination with Ward and Municipality offices, and collaborate with other stakeholders working in the Municipality. They will be based in one fo the working Municipalities, and will be supervised by the Project Officer and monitored by KSSC. They will be trained and coached by the FAIRMED Technical team.
He/she must have passed Intermediate level preferably Health Assistant, Staffs Nurse, Health education, Social science, Rural development with at least 2-3 years’ working experience in community empowerment, and mobilization. Experienced in community health programs will be added advantage.
Specific job Responsibilities:
- Working together with FCHVs, Mother Groups, schools, clubs, forest user groups, disability working group, Self Help groups etc. in the assigned municipality
- Implementation of project activities and plan at the assigned communities
- Work in close coordination with the peripheral health facility, ward offices, municipalities and relevant stakeholders
- Followup of the community actions and report to project officer
- Documentation of exemplary results, good practices, and success stories. Communicate with Project officer about the challenges and problems faced
- Empower local community groups like; self-help groups, mother’s groups, forest user groups, water user groups, micro credit groups, cooperative and other groups by using proven techniques and tools or own innovative ideas
- Sensitize and mobilize local leaders (political leaders, religious leaders), Traditional Healers, Traditional Birth Attendance, Traditional Practitioners, local pharmacy. private clinics, community hospital, school students & teachers
- Timely collection and reporting of project related data and information to contribute in progress updates and periodic progress reporting
- Coordinate and mobilize Health Facility Operation Management Committee (HFOMC) to promote quality of health service delivery from health facility and PHC_ORC
- Support and facilitate project related orientation, capacity building and relevant meetings at community and Municipality level
- Documentation of good practices, success stories from the community & Health Facility including action oriented good quality photographs (before & after)
- Identify the gaps in health facility and ensure timely supply of logistic materials and proper inventory recording
- Empower and mobilize Mother’s Groups, and HFOMCs by applying the SATH & CHSB tools in targeted Communities and Health Facilities in close coordination with technical team of FAIRMED
- Promote health seeking behavior and giving up harmful practices by using the IEC/BCC materials in the community that includes posters, Flex, wall painting, video clips, street drama, FM jingle etc.
- Actively participate in NTD, MNH, WASH and disability related training and activities as planned by the project at community, HFs & Municipality levels
- Prepare monthly and quarterly work plan in coordination with PO
Please submit application and updated CV with supporting documents having notary public certified copy of Academic Qualification, Experience Letter, Training Certificates, Citizenship, Driving License, with 2 passport size photos.
Kalika Self-reliance Social Center
Taulihawa, Kapilvastu Municipality # 3, Province 5
Email address: email@example.com
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and oral interview. Any effort to influence the selection process will result in disqualification.
- Applications must be in by 16:00 hrs, 27th January, 2019
Note: Female, Dalit, Janjati, people with disability and disadvantages community people are encouraged to apply.